Kind of daunting, I know, but I wasn’t entirely happy with the word balloons. I’d mentioned this is the past and I tried some previous fixes like painting the balloons and filling them with color. The problem with that approach was that on soem of the more dialogue-heavy pages, the balloons started to get distracting.
This latest approach softens the edges of the balloons as if they were painted on top of the art. I think it makes for a softer effect.
My main problem with word balloons in Bloop is that they feel like an abstract THING in a story where I’ve tried to remove almost all of the blatantly abstract things – like panel gutters.
I hope you like the results.
There’s one more page in this first part of he story.
The next page will be posted on Monday, May 27.